- Testimonial: CIBA Specialty Chemicals
Salem, MA (2006)
Page 1 of 1
"We installed the 30" aquadams over the intended excavation area and were
successful in dewatering the area just before the Thanksgiving holiday.
There was no visible leakage into the dewatered area beneath the dams or
at the section joints."
"There was a 3" rain event Thanksgiving Day and the bypass channel may have
become clogged with debris. The dams were dislodged. Rather than completely
flatten and reinstall the dams the contractor tried to drag them back into place,
making the situation worse. We cleared all the debris we could detect from the
footprint of the dams but at least one was punctured."
"Four of the six 30" dams have been pretty much destroyed, and all have
been removed from the pond. The attached photos show that the outside of
the dam had minimal freeboard upstream and along the channel (about 4"),
so I may have undersized both the dam and the bypass channel."
"I need to make another attempt before the weather limits the work,
so a 48" high dam installation might work by providing the additional
freeboard and we also will increase the bypass channel width from 3 ft
to ~8 ft. We also plan to lay down additional protective fabric over
the dam footprint to protect it from any debris we did not find."