|Recreational Use: Boat Dock in Ruth Lake, CA|
AquaDams® make great temporary portable boat docks. This AquaDam® (4' x 100' long) was over-inflated on the deep end to 8' high. The last 15' was not even touching the bottom. It was used as a dock and recreational platform on Ruth Lake, CA. Water depth is 2' next to the shore and 8' deep at the end of the AquaDam®.
took approximately two hours to install. The advantages of using AquaDams® instead of conventional wooden or concrete docks are:
1) Inflated with 25,000 gallons of onsite lake water!
2) Pliable, naturally warmed by the sun, and soft enough to fall on without getting hurt!
3) Great for water games; king of the mountain, football, etc.
4) Can be used as a slip and slide when covered with plastic
5) Can be installed or removed in hours
6) Can be re-rolled for later use
7) No impact to the environment
8) No need for Army Corps permits because AquaDams® are non-permanent and water-filled.
10) No degradation of water quality
11) Great for learning to water ski
12) Loops sewn into the outside of the AquaDam® can be used to tie off boats, or to change the top cover.