SMALL AQUADAMS® (1'- 4' high)
- Equipment List
- We recommend that you use at least two 2"-3" portable gasoline water discharge pumps or one gasoline
discharge pump switched from fill tube to fill tube during inflation.
- The Waterstructures Unlimited® crew uses 5.5 HP Honda-powered 3" Volume Pumps which provide a maximum flow rate of 16,200 GPH. They are available from
your local distributor for sale or rental. They can also be ordered from Great Plains Manufacturers and Distributors at (800) 525-9716
- Using two of these pumps you can inflate the following:
- 1' high by 100' long AquaDam® in less than 15 minutes
- 2' high by 100' long AquaDam® in 30 minutes
- 3' high by 100' long AquaDam® in under 60 minutes
- 4' high by 100' long AquaDam® in under an 90 minutes
- Any available water supply will work from fire hydrants to garden hoses. The choice depends on the speed at which you want to install the AquaDam®.
- Two discharge and suction hoses, one each per pump; no fitting is required on the end of the discharge hoses.
- A roll of duct tape to secure and constrict the size of the fill tubes when coupling AquaDams® together.
- For safety reasons, each laborer should carry a utility knife.
Two to four laborers are required to install the smaller AquaDams®. Plan out the installation beforehand and
discuss it with your work party. The number of AquaDams® to be installed, time constraints, and access to the
installation sites may dictate the need for additional help.
- Rock removal:
Someone will have to remove rocks
by hand from the path of the AquaDam® to assure that a good seal is achieved (see the Lehmi
River installation). The laborers installing the AquaDam® are already committed and cannot be the rock picking crew. Please see the
Installation Section of our web site. Rocks should be picked out from directly in
front of the AquaDam® as it is being installed. The rocks can be stacked on the downstream side of the AquaDam® to provide additional
support (see the Williams Transco Gas Pipeline installation in
Site Criteria |
Pages: 1 2
3 4 5
6 7 8
11 12 13